fbpx
Monday, February 26, 2024
Udaipur Standard Hindi

"Talk was not being made between Virat Kohli and Anil Kumble…"Virender Sehwag on India coaching offer, and why he declined it

Must read

File image of former India batsman Virender Sehwag© Twitter

Virender SehwagThere is as much clarity in his statements as in his batting. The legendary batsman changed the definition of how openers played in Tests with his ferocious hitting. This made Sehwag a popular name and one of the most dangerous batsmen during his playing days. He was the first Indian batsman to score a triple ton in Tests and came within seven runs of becoming the first batsman to score three triple tons. In 2017, he was approached to apply for the role of India coach Anil KumbleHeir of

Sehwag said that then the captain of India Virat Kohli And BCCI secretary Amitabh Choudhary contacted him. The 2007 World T20 winner and a member of India’s 2011 World Cup-winning team said he was told that since things were not going well between Kohli and the then coach Anil Kumble, he would be asked to apply for the top job. Had been.

He said, ‘If Virat Kohli and the then BCCI secretary Amitabh Chaudhary had not approached me, I would not have applied. He told me that Kumble’s contract will end after the Champions Trophy in 2017 and then you can travel with the team to the West Indies. News 18 Chaupal,

He said that he did not get the option to select his own support staff and hence did not take up the job. “I didn’t say yes or no, but I did say that if I travel to the West Indies, I want my own coaching staff, assistant coach, bowling coach, batting coach and fielding coach. I want my choice of support staff.” And I didn’t get that option so I didn’t travel to West Indies,” Sehwag said.

Topics covered in this article

Source link

- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article